Morning! As you can probably tell by the title, someone’s excited about summer vacation! Yeah. DEFINITELY me!
(as sarcastic as that sounded, I am actually super excited for summer. XD Even though it means aging out of my co-op, I need a break from school. :))
And yes, I realize this monthly recap is late. End of the year stuff is crazy. Especially with graduation. 😀
Goals for April…
The goals I complete will be in green.
- Write 25k (at least) for Camp NaNo
YES! I did win Camp NaNo! 😀
- Get halfway through Psalms
Not actually sure… I think I was close. Psalms is a really interesting book of the Bible to read through!
- Read 10 books
*cough* Nope. Only six.
But they were all pretty good books! 😀
- Betsy in Spite of Herself by Maud Hart Lovelace. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
- Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse. 4 stars. (Goodreads)
- The Dry Divide by Ralph Moody. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner. 4 stars. (Goodreads)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
- Fawkes by Nadine Brandes. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
Wow, that’s a lot of five stars. hehe.
- Stay caught up with school work and my life while writing
Decently so, yes! 😀
- Finish Vanessa’s (my character) family tree
For now, yes. Nobody’s got time to make up names for a million different people. (her family turned out wayyyy too big… XD)
- Take a trip with family down south (!!!)
YESSS! It was so fun!! 😀
- Make the trip (by car) a good writing session
- Read Christy by Catherine Marshall
I’m on page 75? I think? I’ll finish once summer starts. XD (WHICH IS SOOOOON.)
- Read The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
And a 5 star read too! 😉
- Read Hamlet by Shakespeare
I’m nearly done with it…
- Read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
*cough* I didn’t touch that book!
- Take pictures for book haul post coming probably this month!
What? I was a busy month!!
- Work on character sketches
Is “I completely forgot about those” a good excuse??
Well, I didn’t do very good on my April goals… oh well. It was a very tiring, very fun month anyway! *also writing 25k probably makes up for it, hehe*
Goals for May…
- Read 15 books
- Finish Psalms
- Write a script for the Audiosmiths
- FINISH SCHOOOOOL! 😀
- Survive graduation + all the preparation
- Finish Christy by Catherine Marshall
- Read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Take some more pictures
- Read 8 books for school
- Get caught up with journaling
- Get caught up with pen-palling
- Make a lot of Ebay listing, maybe max for the month
- Finish module 17 in algebra 1 book
- finish 808 Bible Lightunit, start on 809
Posts from this month…
So, as I said before, I’m aging out of my homeschool co-op that I’ve been in since Kindergarten.
What am I doing next?
I’m actually going to be attending a charter school!
I think it’s going to be really fun! I’ll be attending an actual campus (eee, slightly scary. XD) two days a week. The rest of the week is homeschool! 😀
Just an update. 😉
What did I do during April?
- wrote a lot. obviously. XD
- did lots of wordsprints with my amazing cabin mates!!
- had a good school month
- played a lot of basketball
- held lots of babies!! <3 (2 new cousins! :O)
- got sick for a little bit
- make chocolate zucchini cake, yum!
- had 50s day at my co-op… pretty fun! 😉
- read an ARC
- celebrated Easter with family — He is risen! 😀
- enjoyed Easter vacation!
- read Fawkes!! It was amazing! 😀
- hit 100 followers and hosted a giveaway!
- went to LA with my mom, sister, and grandma! We had a ton of fun helping out my aunt and uncle, playing with my little cousins, Owen and Jack, and holding new baby Luke!
- drew some with a new set of sketching pencils! (a gift, thank youuu!!! :D)
- during the trip, we saw 28 different state license plates, as well as one Canadian province! 🙂
- ate at 85 degrees, YUM.
- state testing, oh boy.
- wrote 4.5k words the last day of NaNo
- ate Oodles!
- actually posted a decent amount, YAY!
Thanks for reading!
What did you do during April? Can you believe it’s May already??? When do you finish school? Got any plans for the summer? 😉