Good morning…. today is April 1, 2019. That means a number of things. The first day of Camp NaNo… April Fool’s Day… Chloë’s birthday (happy birthday!!)… I think it’s gonna be good. 😉
Anyway, today, I am here to wrap up last month (March) and show you my April goals. Let’s get started so I can go write!!*
*just kidding,** this post was scheduled. 😉
**I STILL NEED TO GO WRITE THOUGH.
*ALSO PLEASE DO NOT STEAL MY WRITING IDEAS, NOW LET’S GET ON WITH THIS POST*
Goals from March….
Goals I completed will be in green, as usual! 😉
- Decide on project(s) for Camp NaNo!! (AHHHH GUYS I’M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!)
Yes!! More on that down below…
- Plot at least a little bit of mentioned project(s)
I am honestly SO proud of myself. XD As of now, 6:50 PM on March 31st, I have plotted eight chapters, worked on a family tree, wrote a blurb, came up with some titles, brainstormed… I am very happy with myself. 😉 I want to try to get some more done tonight too! (as I am editing, it is 9:48. That did not happen. Don’t worry though, I was definitely not working on this post that entire time. XDD)
- Read 10 books
Sooooo close. I read nine. I have not had all that much reading time recently… it’s very sad.
- The Unseen Guest by Maryrose Wood (Goodreads)
- Sackett by Louis L’Amour (Goodreads)
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot (Goodreads)
- Sweep by Jonathan Auxier (Goodreads)
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (Goodreads)
- The Healer’s Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson (Goodreads)
- To Best The Boys by Mary Weber (Goodreads) Read my review HERE.
- The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett (Goodreads)
- Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn (Goodreads)
- Finish reading Job
Indeed I did! 🙂
- Schedule all posts
I did!! I’ve gotten this into a habit now, though my last post was cutting it kinda close. 😉 (and this one!)
- Go to a local bookstore as well as Barnes & Noble (giftcards!)
I’ll probably make a post on it soon!
- Post a review of ARC I should be getting in the mail very soon!!!
Read my review here! 😀 (wow, I’m linking that a lot. XD)
- Get more practice using my watercolors
I *did* get more practice, hehe!
- Take pictures for book haul post coming probably in April! (this is pretty much just a reminder. XD)
Thanks for the reminder! XD
- Figure out what posting schedule will look like for April (because Camp NaNo updates as well as normal posting… maybe write up a few posts ahead of time???)
Check! I’m actually going to be posting a decent amount in April! 😀
- Study for CM
Oh boy, did I study!
- Do CM and pass onto Level 6 (!!)
- Study for big test
Mhm! I felt very prepared.
- Take big test and get a good grade! 😀
I can’t believe it, you guys!! I got 100%!! (it was the Constitution Test, in case you were wondering. :))
I’m very happy with all the things I got accomplished this month! 🙂
About Camp NaNo…
In case you didn’t know, April is the beginning of Camp NaNoWriMo.
My goal for this month is to write 25K which I think I can achieve pretty easily. Here’s a rough (meaning it need a lot of work) blurb for my project…
When her best friend and cousin challenges her to a novel-writing competition, Vanessa decides it would be fun and accepts. The simplest thing to do for her novel idea would to write about her life–and what an interesting life she’s had!!
Basically, I’m writing a biography of character, Vanessa… I’m excited. 😀
Also, the title is Growing Up. 🙂
Goals for April…
- Write 25K (at least) for Camp NaNo
- Get halfway through Psalms
- Read 10 books
- Stay caught up with school work and my life while writing
- Finish Vanessa’s (my character) family tree
- Take a trip with family down south (!!!)
- Make the trip (by car) a good writing session
- Read Christy by Catherine Marshall
- Read The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- Read Hamlet by Shakespeare
- Read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Take pictures for book haul post coming probably this month!
- Work on character sketches
POSTS FROM MARCH:
February in Review + March Goals! (Camp NaNo is SO CLOSE!)
I participated in a photography challenge and took some photos… here they are! 😀
House Update #3 + Photo Adventure
Book Review – To Best The Boys
What did I do in March?
- panicked because Camp NaNo was coming
- prepared for Camp NaNo
- many writing related things
- babysat a baby!
- made noodles with lots of family!
- went to two bookstores
- got a new keyboard piano! (it works great!)
- ate a lot of food
- went to the library a few times
- took a lot of tests
- got a new dress!
- I HIT 100 FOLLOWERS! (three are email) If I remember, I’ll do a giveaway! 😀
- celebrated several birthdays
- played musical spoons and I broke one of the spoons!!!
- allergies started up
- wrote some poems with friends (an interesting endeavor…)
- realized how incredibly blessed I am because of my Heavenly Father!
- spent time with friends
- stayed a few nights at my grandparents with my siblings while my parents went down south
- went to a fun tea party!
- watched some I Love Lucy and James Herriot! 😀
- scrambled to prepare for CAMP NANO
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! 🙂 Look out for another shorter one coming later this morning. 😉
Are you participating in Camp NaNo? How was your March? Tell me about your goals for April!
*featured image photo from Unsplash, but I lost the link, whoops. No time to go find it again!*
Great job with those March goals! Aww you were so close to your book goal 🙁
(p.s. i really want to see your watercolor paintings xD)
(p.p.s. if you share yours I’ll collab with you)
I’m not doing Camp Nano, but I am full of secondhand excitement for everyone else who is! I can’t wait to see the great stuff y’all come up with.
Congrats on 100 followers!!
Thanks Isabel! And I knowwww. 🙁
(p.s. no, you really don’t!! XD)
(p.p.s. oooh, let’s do it! But first, I have to paint some good ones. :P)
😀 Thanks again! 😉
Congrats on hitting 100 followers! That’s my blog’s April goal!
Thanks Lydia!! I hope you can make it! 😀
Thanks, Liz! 🙂
Sounds like your April is going to be busy! I have a HUGE goal for nano this month and I’m trying not to let myself fall into a panic XD Keep up the good work!
(Also home made noodles are the beessssstttt)
Haha, yep! AND YAY GOOO LIBBY!
(indeed they are! :D)