Morning! As you can probably tell by the title, someone’s excited about summer vacation! Yeah. DEFINITELY me!
(as sarcastic as that sounded, I am actually super excited for summer. XD Even though it means aging out of my co-op, I need a break from school. :))
And yes, I realize this monthly recap is late. End of the year stuff is crazy. Especially with graduation. 😀
Goals for April…
The goals I complete will be in green.
- Write 25k (at least) for Camp NaNo
YES! I did win Camp NaNo! 😀
- Get halfway through Psalms
Not actually sure… I think I was close. Psalms is a really interesting book of the Bible to read through!
- Read 10 books
*cough* Nope. Only six.
But they were all pretty good books! 😀
- Betsy in Spite of Herself by Maud Hart Lovelace. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
- Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse. 4 stars. (Goodreads)
- The Dry Divide by Ralph Moody. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner. 4 stars. (Goodreads)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
- Fawkes by Nadine Brandes. 5 stars. (Goodreads)
Wow, that’s a lot of five stars. hehe.
- Stay caught up with school work and my life while writing
Decently so, yes! 😀
- Finish Vanessa’s (my character) family tree
For now, yes. Nobody’s got time to make up names for a million different people. (her family turned out wayyyy too big… XD)
- Take a trip with family down south (!!!)
YESSS! It was so fun!! 😀
- Make the trip (by car) a good writing session
- Read Christy by Catherine Marshall
I’m on page 75? I think? I’ll finish once summer starts. XD (WHICH IS SOOOOON.)
- Read The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
And a 5 star read too! 😉
- Read Hamlet by Shakespeare
I’m nearly done with it…
- Read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
*cough* I didn’t touch that book!
- Take pictures for book haul post coming probably this month!
What? I was a busy month!!
- Work on character sketches
Is “I completely forgot about those” a good excuse??
Well, I didn’t do very good on my April goals… oh well. It was a very tiring, very fun month anyway! *also writing 25k probably makes up for it, hehe*
Goals for May…
- Read 15 books
- Finish Psalms
- Write a script for the Audiosmiths
- FINISH SCHOOOOOL! 😀
- Survive graduation + all the preparation
- Finish Christy by Catherine Marshall
- Read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Take some more pictures
- Read 8 books for school
- Get caught up with journaling
- Get caught up with pen-palling
- Make a lot of Ebay listing, maybe max for the month
- Finish module 17 in algebra 1 book
- finish 808 Bible Lightunit, start on 809
Posts from this month…
March Review + April Goals (GUYS IT’S APRIL WHAT)
BLOG TOUR FOR A BROTHER’S PROMISE BY A. KAYLEE HARRISON
MY TOP TEN FAVORITE BOOK FROM 2018/2019 + 100 FOLLOWERS GIVEAWAY! + Q&A *GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED*
Camp NaNo Recap Days 22-28 + GIVEAWAY WINNER!
SOULS ASTRAY BOOK BLOG TOUR – Guest Post by Troy + Book Spotlight + GIVEAWAY *CLOSED*
PANANAW BLOG TOUR! — Character Interview with Gale + Link to the NEW Blog
So, as I said before, I’m aging out of my homeschool co-op that I’ve been in since Kindergarten.
What am I doing next?
I’m actually going to be attending a charter school!
I think it’s going to be really fun! I’ll be attending an actual campus (eee, slightly scary. XD) two days a week. The rest of the week is homeschool! 😀
Just an update. 😉
What did I do during April?
- wrote a lot. obviously. XD
- did lots of wordsprints with my amazing cabin mates!!
- had a good school month
- played a lot of basketball
- held lots of babies!! <3 (2 new cousins! :O)
- got sick for a little bit
- make chocolate zucchini cake, yum!
- had 50s day at my co-op… pretty fun! 😉
- read an ARC
- celebrated Easter with family — He is risen! 😀
- enjoyed Easter vacation!
- read Fawkes!! It was amazing! 😀
- hit 100 followers and hosted a giveaway!
- went to LA with my mom, sister, and grandma! We had a ton of fun helping out my aunt and uncle, playing with my little cousins, Owen and Jack, and holding new baby Luke!
- drew some with a new set of sketching pencils! (a gift, thank youuu!!! :D)
- during the trip, we saw 28 different state license plates, as well as one Canadian province! 🙂
- ate at 85 degrees, YUM.
- state testing, oh boy.
- wrote 4.5k words the last day of NaNo
- ate Oodles!
- actually posted a decent amount, YAY!
Thanks for reading!
What did you do during April? Can you believe it’s May already??? When do you finish school? Got any plans for the summer? 😉
Featured Image Credit: Photo by Derick McKinney on Unsplash
Wait… The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare? I started reading that a few months ago! It was from the library and I didn’t finish it, but it was a five-star read, you say? I might pick it back up again!
You did an amazing job with life this April! XD Best of luck on all your goals for May. May (haha, get it?) you accomplish everything that’s in your heart!
Ohhh, yes, you should definitely finish it!! 😀
Thanks Madi! (yeah, I get it XDD)
Sweet recap! What curriculum do you use Liz? Are you taking the Bible class for fun?
Thanks Libby! Curriculum for what? Just in general? I do the Bible Lightunits as an individual homeschool thing! 🙂
Yes the Bible. 😀
I think it’s Christian Light Education. 🙂 (they’re called Bible Lightunits)
That’s the curriculum that I graduated with. It’s really good! I recognized it when you said 807. Do you just use different curriculums for different subjects?
Oh really? How cool!! 😀 Yep, I use a lot of different curriculums. XD
Good job on your goals for April and I can’t wait to hear how you did on your May Goals!! YOU GOT THIS!!
Thanks so much for your support, Kaelyn!! 😀
I have finished my school! We are going to a family camp this summer in TN!
Yayyy, congrats, Lydia!! 😀 Ooh, that sounds super fun! 🙂
Hi! You have a stunning style and great writing skills! I would like to nominate you for the Mystery Blogger Award! The post is hopefully going up on my channel today!