STOP A MINUTE.
STOP RIGHT THERE.
What month is it again?
Since it’s a new month, this means it’s time for a monthly recap! And since we just finished May, that’s the month we’re recapping. 😀 Let’s get started.
Goals from May:
the ones I completed will be in green
- Read 15 books
Yep!! I actually read 17, so May was a very good month for reading even though there was a ton of craziness. 😉
- Driftwood Bay by Irene Hannon (Goodreads) (read my review here) 3 stars.
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Martin Hospitality by Abigayle Claire (Goodreads) 5 stars.
- Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare (Goodreads) 3 stars.
- Riding Freedom by Pam Muñoz Ryan (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian (Goodreads) 2.5 stars.
- Kate’s Innocence by Sarah Holman (Goodreads) 5 stars.
- Stuart Little by E. B. White (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- I, Robot by Issac Asimov (Goodreads) 3.5 stars.
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Horse of a Different Color: Reminisces of a Kansas Drover by Ralph Moody (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Seaman by Gail Langer Karwoski (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo (Goodreads) 4 stars.
- Christy by Catherine Marshall (Goodreads) 3.5 stars
- Finish Psalms
I did finish it, YAYY! Now I’m going to read it again because it’s the Bible Bee study book! 🙂
- Write a script for the Audiosmiths
I started on two and kinda finished them?? I don’t really like either of them though, so. We’ll keep working on this.
- FINISH SCHOOOOOL! 😀
YESSSSS! You guys have no idea how happy I am that it’s summer. XD
- Survive graduation + all the preparation
I’m sad to be leaving my co-op, but yes, it was an amazing night, and we all had tons of fun!
- Finish Christy by Catherine Marshall
Yep! Finally finished it.
- Read Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
My mom is having my brother read this book out loud to me, but we just started two days ago…
- Take some more pictures
I didn’t really touch the camera…. maybe a few times, but nothing much. 🙁
- Read 8 books for school
*goes back up to books read list*
I read twelve. O.o
- Get caught up with journaling
- Get caught up with pen-palling
Yep! I was pretty behind with all my letter writing, but I am now caught up! (besides one letter which I just received this past week)
- Make a lot of Ebay listings, maybe max for the month
- Finish module 17 in algebra 1 book
I needed a little break from math, okay?
- finish 808 Bible Lightunit, start on 809
Um, no? Boy, I really need to catch up on a lot of things this month. XD
Goals for June
- Read 30 books because of a reading challenge I’m doing with a friend. (!!) We’re trying to read one book a day! And yes… this is probably very optimistic, but hey, it’s SUMMER!
- Finish Proverbs and Ecclesiastes
- Finish ten books from my summer reading list
- Get caught up with journaling
- Prepare for Camp NaNo (HOW IS IT ALMOST HERE?!?!)
- DO BIBLE BEEEE!!
- Finish Bible Lightunits
- Work on Ebay/Etsy stuff
- Finish Algebra book
- Have fun with family visiting
- Pack for camp!!
- Write some more
- Enjoy summer
- Spring cleaning if my mom remembers *hides*
- If there’s anything to do in advance, prepare for summer DC and Virginia trip (!!!)
- Get completely caught up on post reading
- Finish three *gulps* beta novels
Wow, that’s a lot of goals. O.o
Posts from May
SOULS ASTRAY BOOK BLOG TOUR – Guest Post by Troy + Book Spotlight + GIVEAWAY
PANANAW BLOG TOUR! — Character Interview with Gale + Link to the NEW Blog
Monthly Review — APRIL IS OVER. AND IT’S ALMOST SUMMER VACATION!!
A Q&A. My Answers to YOUR Questions!
Review of Driftwood Bay by Irene Hannon
Happenings in May…
- went to Great America with several of my friends… I rode a roller coaster for the very first time and found out that I can handle the tamer ones (loops, upside down, etc.), but I’m not brave enough to face the crazy ones! (drop tower and ones where your feet dangle in the air) 😂😂
- as usual, I held babies!! <3
- it rained quite a bit, actually. It was cold too! In the last few days though, it got much, much warmer. XD
- ate Chick-Fil-A for the first time in FOREVER!!
- watched most of Apollo 13
- released a new Audiosmiths production, “Book Club… I Think” (LISTEN TO HERE) I play one of the main girls, Zora, who starts the book club. This was a super fun (and funny!) script that Rose wrote. 😀
- figured out some things for new school
- celebrated some birthdays
- hung out with friends and made some special memories
- graduation!! Both me and my friend consider it an accomplishment that we didn’t cry. 😂😭
- I also received many generous gifts from friends and family because of that! Thank you all!!
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL = SUMMER!
- late Mother’s day celebrations
- celebrated my parent’s anniversary
- completely re-organized and tidied up my blog buttons page… it was SUCH A MESS. It took more than an hour to finish!! 😂
- wrote some letters to pen-pals and authors
- went to see a ballet of The Secret Garden
- cut nine inches off my hair. :O It now just barely reaches my waist
- watched The Sound of Music… I love that movie!!
- harvested some wheat out at our property for chicken feed
- went to the library and got REALLY excited about all the wonderful books!!
- my Grandma made me a new skirt!!
- lots of reading
- got excited about piano again because of all the new songs!!! YAY!
- remembered how much I enjoy summer! 😀
Thanks for reading, you guys! 😀
What did you do in May? Any plans for summer? Are you done with school yet?
Photo by Jeremy Bishop on Unsplash
I finished 11th grade at the end of April and I’ve already been doing 12th grade to get ahead!
Whoa!! Great job, Lydia!! Way to get ahead of school! 😄
So fun!! You did so great on your May goals and I bet you will do even better for your June ones! 😀
Aww, thanks Kaelyn!! 🤗🤗
Ooh you read so many books! I started reading one in May, and I haven’t even finished it yet 😆 Aww I’m so sad Hamlet only got three stars from you 😭😂 oh well, it’s not for everyone! Honestly I had to read the Cliffnotes to understand what I was reading the first time. Best of luck on all your goals! You have so many! 😍❤️
What can I say… I love reading! 😂 Aww, I hope you get some more reading time soon!! Yeah… Hamlet was kinda confusing and EVERYONE dies. 😆 Thanks Maggie!! 🤗
You’re welcome, and thanks! Yeahhh haha, the ending is wild! 😂 No problem!
Yes it is!! 😂😂
I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! CONGRATULATIONS!! There is no pressure to do this post but I just also wanted to let you know you rock and so does your blog!
Here is the link to the award! 😀 https://kaelynslife.wordpress.com/2019/06/06/the-versatile-blogger-award/
Aww, thanks, Kaelyn! I’ll do it eventually! 😉😄
Thanks Liz!! And it was my pleasure to nominate you! 😀
Great recap, Liz!! 😁❤ So happy to be commenting on your blog again! Hamlet is very confusing, but I kinda like it! 😝
Hi Lizzy!! I agree. 😆 Thank you!